Dental Cleanings & Exams Near You
When it comes to maintaining excellent oral health, you need to ensure that you do two things: brush and floss your teeth every day and visit a dentist in Vancouver every six months for a professional dental cleaning and exam near you. Visiting our team at Cambie Broadway Dental for your six-month dental cleaning and exam will allow our dentist to detect any problems early on and provide you with personalized treatment plans so that you can continue to maintain optimal oral health.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Dental Cleanings?
Gum disease begins when plaque is allowed to develop in your mouth. Brushing twice a day and flossing once per day can help you eliminate plaque before it causes any issues. However, even the most diligent patients have trouble entirely removing every bit of plaque from their mouths. When left alone, plaque develops into a hard substance called tartar, which cannot be removed without the help of a dental professional.
When you visit Cambrie Broadway Dental for professional dental cleaning, our dental hygienist can use special instruments to remove plaque and tartar. Having these substances removed can prevent gum disease and tooth decay.
What Happens During a Dental Cleaning and Exam?
When you first visit our dental clinic for your bi-annual dental cleaning and exam, our dental hygienist will greet you and begin your dental cleaning. The cleaning will involve three main steps:
- Scaling- using a tool called a scaler, our hygienist will remove the tartar and plaque deposits from your teeth by gently scraping them. They will eliminate these substances from between your teeth and below your gum line.
- Polishing- this step involves our hygienist using a handheld tool to polish the surfaces of your teeth using slightly abrasive toothpaste. This will remove minor stains from your tooth enamel and provide you with a smooth and shining smile.
- Fluoride- most of the time, our hygienist will provide you with a fluoride treatment after your cleaning. Applied as either a gel, foam, or rinse, fluoride is a mineral that strengthens your tooth enamel and helps stave off tooth decay.
Once your cleaning is complete, our dentist will greet you. They will ask about your oral health history and provide you with a comprehensive oral examination to ensure that you are in good health. Your examination may include:
- Dental x-rays- these are an excellent diagnostic tool that helps our dentist determine if there are any oral health issues hidden beneath the gum line.
- Oral cancer screening- oral cancer often doesn’t show symptoms until it has progressed. That is why our dentist will perform a brief oral cancer screening at your visit, so they can catch early signs of oral cancer and increase your chances of successful treatment.
- Evaluation of your teeth, gums, and jaw- our dentist will perform a comprehensive examination of your teeth, gums, and jaw to determine if you have any tooth decay or gum disease.
After your examination, our dentist will share their findings and provide you with a personalized treatment plan so that your oral health can remain in good standing.
rotect your oral health. We offer simple and surgical tooth extractions near you to ensure that you remain healthy and comfortable for years to come.
Visit Cambrie Broadway Dental
If it has been more than six months since your last dental cleaning and exam, now is an excellent time to book an appointment. Our team at Cambrie Broadway Dental is happy to provide you with professional dental cleanings and exams in Vancouver. Please contact us to book your appointment today!