Dental Implants Near You
If you have missing teeth, then you are likely looking for a natural-looking, long-lasting replacement option. Having missing teeth can make daily tasks such as speaking and eating a challenge and make you feel self-conscious about your smile. At Cambie Broadway Dental, we offer dental implants in Vancouver as an excellent way to restore our patients’ smiles.
What Are Dental Implants?
Many dental professionals consider dental implants to be the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. This is because they are the most permanent form of tooth replacement and the only replacement that replaces both the tooth root and tooth itself.
A dental implant is made of three parts: a biocompatible titanium screw, a porcelain crown, and an abutment that connects these two pieces together. Depending on if you have one missing tooth or multiple missing teeth, you can get one or multiple dental implants to restore your smile and maintain your oral health.
How Are Dental Implants Placed?
There are many steps involved in the dental implant process. Here is a breakdown of what to expect:
- Planning and preparation- the first step begins with our dentist in Vancouver examining your jaw and taking radiographs to determine the health and density of your jawbone and if you are a viable candidate for the procedure. At this time, they will also determine where each implant should be placed in your jaw.
- Installation- after administering a general or local anesthetic, our dentist will create a small incision in your gums and drill into your jawbone to insert the dental implants into their designated areas.
- Integration- once the implant posts have been placed, you will go through an integration period that lasts several months, where your jawbone fuses with the new implant posts through a process called osseointegration.
- Support- once your implant posts have been fully integrated into your jawbone, our dentist will place the porcelain crowns over them, restoring your smile and completing the process.
Caring For Your Dental Implants
Dental implants are very durable, and with the right care, they can last you a lifetime. To keep your dental implants in excellent condition, you should:
- Floss once daily
- Drink plenty of water
- Brush twice a day
- Visit Cambie Broadway Dental for a routine cleaning and checkup at least once every six months
Interested in Dental Implants Near You?
If you would like to learn more about dental implants in Vancouver, contact our team at Cambie Broadway Dental. We are happy to provide this innovative restorative dentistry solution. Please contact us to book your consultation today!